Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 29 - Lashing Out

It seems a commonly held belief, amongst many women, that males are frequently and aggravatingly blessed with long, beautiful eyelashes--and that it's just not fair. I've never heard this from a man, but it seems to be a point upon which women love to commiserate socially. My boy does indeed have long, dark, thick eyelashes. (That I'm sure he'll be thrilled to display some day in Boy Scouts.) The amusing part, to me, is that whenever a woman says something like this, it's said in a way that sounds as if it's the first time they've ever said it.

Aha! But Girlie is getting quite the set of Maybellinesque lashes herself! Counter point and ammo for next time.

Went to the mall today for a little out & about time. They did SO well. They slept most of the time and I was able to stroll around a bit like a regular dude. With twins. By himself. 

When we got home, both diapers were totally clear. Weird, as we were gone for about 2-3 hours total. And scary, cause the dam was no doubt about to burst. Fortunately they waited until I was feeding them and completely immobilized. Only a small area on my pants leg was compromised. I've had worse.

Apparently, shopping is exhausting even when you're eleven weeks old. Pooped, but not too to poop.

3 comments:

  1. I have such a picture in my head of you and b/g at the mall. I'll bet women look at you with such respect! Tonight they will be telling their hubbies about you with admiration in their voices! The hubbies won't be amused.

    You're such a great Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, everybody!

    My condolences to your pants. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were with you at the mall I wager that many people would approach us asking if we are twins. Maybe even identical.

    ReplyDelete