Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day One

Wifey headed back to work today; the babes are seven weeks old. As this day approached, I was bombarded by several feelings--most lay somewhere in between fear and doubt. They're so helpless--and SO hard to read. I have to say that they've been better than expected with regard to temperament. But as any new parent knows, that inconsolable meltdown is about the hardest thing yet. Fortunately, knock on mouse, there hasn't been an excess of that sort of thing.

My girl was fussier than usual today. She acted hungry but when I offered her a bottle, she just fell asleep. Whatever works, I guess.

Boy has a nasty diaper rash that we've been battling. As I type, he's laying face-down next to me airing out his bare bum. Poor guy. We've tried everything we (and our doc) can think of. I guess it's just a matter of time.

As I return to the blogging world, following a hiatus of over six years, I am reminded of how challenging it is to entertain. I plan to rely on the ever-present material, likely served-up daily, as I begin this journey. I don't really like the term stay-at-home-dad. It's trite. I'm a dad.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Daddy! You're going to inspire a lot of people with your commitment and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have some great adventures with them!! Love the new blog - yay! Sending our love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete