Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 14 - Twins? Snow Pain, Snow Gain

Today was the babes' second Synagis vaccine. Still a little leery of vaccines in general, but the evidence is mounting against the nay-sayers. This week, anyhow. This particular vaccine is over $2,000 per baby--once per month for three months. Fortunately our deductible will be fulfilled rather quickly. Yay--I think. :\

In venturing out to the clinic, the babes and I were out in the earliest stages of this [promised] storm o' the century. It's amazing how much heavier two infant seats feel when snowflakes are stinging your face. I was pleased to have more than one door opened for me. Thank you, people.

As the kids were getting shot, I pondered the possibility of keeping the doctors' office as pleasant an experience as possible--as they grow. I don't recall ever hating the doctor, but I can imagine getting soured on the notion pretty quickly when all you get are shots. I doubt that suckers and stickers are enough bribery for the average kid. Am I wrong?

What we're really happy about is that the babes are much more equipped now for public excursions. We'll be braving....ulp....restaurants fairly soon. I've forgotten what those things look like from the inside. Chuck E. Cheese, anyone? Gack. They might as well serve petri dish pizzas. Maybe with hazmat onesies.

No comments:

Post a Comment