Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 13 - Batteries Drained

Even if there had been no new [high-maintenance, completely dependent] additions to the family, this would have been a rough couple of months around here. One of my favorite SNL quotes:  I, too, have worn the brown helmet. 


Last night was a really rough one. Girlie slept only sporadically--hence, so did we. I completely zone out with regard to the current time, during the night. As I mentioned to Wifey today, I no longer even know if I'm sleep deprived. I used to shamble about the house in a stupor--now I think my stupor is somewhat swifter.

I had finally fallen asleep around 7 this morning when the phone rang. It was my darling informing me that the car was dying and she would not likely make it to work. So I [like shambling of old] got out of bed and packed up the babes for a fun trip to meet Mommy at the mechanic. New alternator. Yay. But enough about me.


The babes are doing just fine. Hard to say if/how Girlie's fussiness is affecting Boy. Hopefully this is just a short stage. A friend of a friend--with twins--sent this yesterday. I'm still laughing about it. It's funny and scary how spot on it is. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment