Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 9 - Run of the Mill Bedlam

Haven't been on in a few days--well, I mean here. I feel like I'm on 24/7. No dress rehearsal--I'm on.


The past few days were marked with lots of bodily functions, and unpleasant substances. Another family day tomorrow (Thursday) with the four of us at home. I have already come to savor such days as they will shortly be limited to weekends. 


Today I packed up the babes for a road trip. The idea was to head to Bed Bath & Beyond for an iPod dock for Twin Pop followed by a visit to the local beverage superstore for a brand new tequila--I collect exotic tequila species. Can I tell you how odd it feels (and probably looks) to carry two car seats into a liquor store? Alright, I will. If felt all kinds of odd. I plopped one seat into a the shopping cart basket and put the other on the rack above the child seat. (Pretty cool how that fits there. Things I never thought of.) I wheeled the squeaky cart around the store picking up a few goodies and becoming engaged in a couple of conversations.


My trip home took longer than expected. And I should also mention that I broke a cardinal rule for new parents. The diaper bag is your American Express Card. Yep, I left home without it. I could embellish a more interesting consequence, but fortunately we made it home without incident. I can say, however, that I've become remarkably adept at one armed, behind-the-seat pacifier management. 

No comments:

Post a Comment