Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Three - Mom's Home!

As she transitions back to full-time work, the wife is home today and for the weekend. Ahhh...seems like old times! The babes don't yet know the difference--I mean, at this point they wouldn't know the difference between me and Koko the gorilla. Still, it's nice to have the additional hands and the free[er] time to take care of some other stuff. (Like work I've been putting off. As I sit here blogging.)


It's vaccination day today. :) & :(
This round consists of rotovirus, polio, and I think parvo and hogwarts.
*****
Just got back. Poor babies--but they were brave and did remarkably well. Must be very frightening. Our pedes' office is a group with 16 doctors. We usually have the same doc, but today we had the short, bumbling, and dull guy. No help for Boy'a diaper rash, unfortunately. Just waiting & airing it out.

One of Wifey's co-worker's husbands is a woodworker and built the babes this gorgeous rocking horse. He doesn't even really know us--which makes it that much more surprising. This is a treasure that we'll be sure to bring out in a few years. Actually, it may stay out on display.


That's about all for today. I can't adequately describe how great it is to have Wifey home for a few more days. I'm going to miss her a lot during the work weeks that follow. I'm embarrassed to say that it took something like this to make me appreciate her presence so. Babies or no, she's the best and I'm the luckiest guy I know.

1 comment: